Pat “Country” Riot

I was Born in Biloxi, Mississippi in the 1983. My father was in the Air Force and we were stationed at Keesler A.F.B. After a couple years my dad got orders to Williams A.F.B. in Mesa, Az. We were in Mesa for several years. My dad then had orders to Whiteman A.F.B. in Knob Noster, Missouri. We spent only a year there and then my dad was able to retire back to Mississippi. From then on we lived in Mississippi. After graduating High School in 2001, I too joined the Air Force and left Biloxi. I was stationed in Texas for all of my initial training. My only full duty station was Eielson A.F.B. in North Pole, Alaska.

After 4 years in the Air Force, I decided to go back home to Mississippi. In August of 2005, Hurricane Katrina came in and destroyed my home town. The house I grew up in, the new apartment I had just moved into, everything, was completely gone. In the first couple days of September, I went to the airport and demanded a ticket on the first plane leaving, literally. That plane got me to Arizona.

When I first arrived in Phoenix, I had 1 shirt and 1 pair of pants. The first week or so I was here, I lived at the Fair Grounds. At the time, Janet Napalitano was the Governor, she was amazing at taking care of the evacuees for all the horrible storms we had that year. The Coliseum was set up as a temporary landing zone for the evacuees. St. Vincent De Paul played a huge part of clothing all of us, as well as Furnishing my first apartment in Arizona. The housing department lined up an apartment and the Department of Economic Security set us all up with Food Stamps and possible career opportunities. The first couple years of living in Arizona were spent in Mesa.

In 2009, I was working with a couple musicians at my day job. One night after work, we were drinking and hanging out a place called “Cajun Seafood Corner”. There was no music or television in the bar, at that time. Out of pure boredom, Ian Dunn went to grab his guitar out of his truck, just to fill the silent void. The owner came out from the back, told us to come back and play that night. We were excited, but unprepared. We told the owner to give us a couple weeks, we would get something together and be back. So, in March of 2009 I hosted my first open mic night ever! Along with Ian Dunn, was born. From there we became too big for the small restaurant. We moved our little show to a place around the corner called “Chez Monieux”. After only a couple months there, we were again too big for the venue. We bounced around from several other places in Tempe before landing permanently at “Big Fish Pub”! Every Thursday night we were having great turn outs and great drink specials. We had some big names come through from time to time. By the time Big Fish closed, I was hosting and running shows at other locations through out Tempe. I hosted a couple shows at Long Wong’s at the Firehouse and Club Red. I am still running shows from time to time at Tempe Tavern. has been an idea I have had for quite some time. Not the domain, but the concept. I have always felt the need forĀ a local only magazine or website that is more content than advertisements. That is the plan and hopefully we can execute it properly. Thanks for checking it out!